Bits & Bytes
Posted by Rick on August 19, 2008
Here are some “sound bites” from Sunday morning’s sermon, “Self Examination” based on I Corinthians 11:17-30.
- We must not take the Lord’s supper in an unworthy manner.
- We must examine ourselves to make sure we are able to take the Lord’s Supper.
- We must have confessed Jesus as Lord before we are “worthy” to take it.
- We must not use it as an excuse to exclude other believers.
- We must not attach legalistic rules to govern who takes it.
- In taking the Lord’s Supper, we proclaim His death until Jesus returns.
If you would like to listen to the sermon, you can click here or click on the audio player below.
You can also listen to Sunday evening’s sermon, “Be Careful!” based on Ephesians 5:15-21 by clicking here or on the audio player below.