Bits & Bytes
Posted by Rick on May 27, 2008
Here are some “sound bites” from Sunday morning’s sermon, “Sin? What Sin?” based on Romans 6:1-14:
- We don’t like to talk about sin because it makes us “feel bad”.
- Sin IS bad and we SHOULD feel bad about the sin we do.
- The unrighteous person looks around and says, “I am a good person; I’ve never killed anyone”
- God says “for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God”.
- The penitent (or broken hearted) person says, “My sin is ever before me”.
- God says “if you confess your sins, God is faithful and just to forgive your sins.”
- The Forgiver of sins (God) says, “Come now, let us reason together. Though your sins are as scarlet, they will be white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they will be like wool.”
- God is in the “forgiveness business”.
You can listen to Sunday’s sermon here, or by clicking on the player below: