Bits & Bytes
Posted by Rick on September 2, 2008
Here are some “sound bites” from Sunday morning’s sermon, “Tear Down Your Idols!”, based on II Kings 18:1-7:
- God gave the command to “not have, make, or worship idols”.
- While most of us may not have any idols in our homes, sometimes we make things into idols.
- An idol can be defined as “anything that distracts you from worshiping God”.
- What about “cultural trinkets”? Do they count as idols?
- You may not worship Buddha statues that you may have, but why have them in the first place?
- Do you worship your kids? grandkids? money? spouse? sex? cars? etc?
- Tear down those idols in your life and put God back in the place He deserves! In the CENTER of your life!
You can listen to the sermon here or by clicking on the audio player below: